Gift Card Terms & Conditions
Last updated: 19 Oct 2021
1. These terms and conditions tell you about the legal terms and conditions which apply to your purchase and use of physical and digital VR Handmade gift cards.
2. These gift card terms apply to cards purchased online through the VR Handmade website (www.vrhandmade.com).
3. VR Handmade reserves the right to update and change the terms and conditions of our VR Handmade gift cards at any time. This does not affect your legal rights. Use of your VR Handmade gift card constitutes acceptance of our Terms and Conditions and we therefore recommend you read them carefully. It is your responsibility to check these gift card terms from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes which may have been made. VR Handmade gift cards remain the property of VR Handmade who maintains the right to cancel the card in its sole discretion in situations where it is deemed necessary to do so (such as to comply with applicable laws or as a result of circumstances beyond its control).
4. The gift card balance cannot be exchanged for cash or redeemed against the purchase of another card.
5. Your VR Handmade gift card is valid for a period of 1 year from the date of order following which they expire automatically. A gift card cannot be used after the expiry date and any remaining balance will be removed and the card will become invalid and no longer available for use. We have no obligation to remind or inform you of a gift card’s expiry and it is your sole responsibility to ensure that any balance is used in full prior to expiry.
6. A Gift Card expires automatically once its balance has been exhausted. A Gift Card may be topped up with additional funds provided the gift card is still valid and has not yet expired.
7. Gift Cards may be used to pay for the whole or any part of an online store purchase.
8. Only one gift card may be used per online order. To transfer the balances from multiple gift cards onto a single gift card, please contact our Customer Service team.
Lost/ Stolen/ Damaged
9. You are solely responsible for the safe keeping and security of your gift card following delivery. In cases where your VR Handmade gift card is lost or stolen, VR Handmade is unable to replace or reimburse the remaining balance on a card. VR Handmade cannot be held responsible for the any balance lost on aVR Handmade gift card as a result of theft or fraud. All VR Handmade gift cards have a unique PIN number hidden by a security panel on the back of the card which is required for online purchases.VR Handmade cannot be held responsible for any unauthorised use where the card number and/ or PIN have become known to another party.
Crediting a VR Handmade gift card
10. Please retain an expired gift card should you wish to return your purchase. Any goods paid for using a gift card that are subsequently returned for a refund will be credited to the original gift card or in the event that you have discarded or misplaced your original card, issued on a new VR Handmade gift card. For returns where part payment was taken from a gift card, the refund will be credited to your gift card in the first instance.
11. If a partial refund is made for any purchase using a VR Handmade gift card and another method of payment, then any refund amount owing will be credited to the VR Handmade gift card in the first instance.
12. If the total to be refunded is more than originally paid byVR Handmade gift card, then any remaining refund balance will be refunded to the other method of payment used by you (i.e. debit/credit card).
Governing Law and jurisdiction
14. These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Republic of Latvia. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.